philips vr 6462 pinch roller

Am looking for the part number for this ancient pinch roller, or a cross referece to other models which used the same deck/roller so i can widen my search (I think Pye UK did one machine with that deck). Have checked Donberg for the pinch roller vr6462 but they don't seem to have it for that model, but they may have another model listed which uses the same..... Anyone still happen to have such info. lying around? regards, Ben

In message , b writes

Possibly, but will have to look. It's a nasty deck though, the pinch roller is on a 'sled' that's driven into position IIRC, and it's a bugger to replace properly, I'd get a service manual if I was you.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

Clint, thanks for the reply, but this one is not the deck with that awkward pinch roller fortunately. (I know the one you mean, i think its called a 'Charley' deck which loads a bit like a betamax formation). No, this one is even older, must be one of the first philips front loaders. ...don't have it to hand right now but will post a pic next week.

Ben

Nope, his machine has the Echo deck. Easy to replace, I think.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

In message , b writes

Ahh, so it might be the one with the Panasonic deck? NV370 IIRC, has a clear perspex panel over the tape carriage. If it is if you ever need to remove the upper drum (head) assembly, be VERY careful to remove all the solder and make sure the pins are free before you pull the head drum assembly, the rotating transformer is very delicate.

All by the way anyway.. Just reminiscing about my time as a teenage VCR tech. You could do worse than give Wizard Distributors a ring, Empress Street Manchester,

Nice, helpful guy, if the bit you want is available he'll probably be able to help

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

Nope that would be the VR6460. The VR6462 has the Echo deck, same as the VR6463, VR6560 (top loader), VR6660, VR6860, VR6862.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

   Maarten Bakker.
Reply to
maarten

I give up, only 37 and my memory has gone already! LOL. Nice trip down memory lane despite falling into the drainage ditch at the side a couple of times!

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to