Tape path height alignment on Philips VR 232 / 12

Hi!

Does anyone here know how to adjust height of the tape (the tilted guide posts) in Philips TurboDrive VR 232 / 13 ? There seem not to be any screws or nuts on those guide posts, they can even be easily detached as they're attached by plastic detachable parts. But I don't find a way to do the adjustment :(

-- Top-posting not supported.

Reply to
Simoc

Why would you want to adjust the angled tape guides? If they don't slide and lock into the V end stops then a problem with the linkages/tensioner. The repair manual for the 232/13 has the details for other tape guide adjustments. NB. If you should go into the test modes then one of the settings is for erasing the contents of the EEprom

N Cook

They're against V-stoppers, but the tape path seems to be misaligned. I must admit that I'm still not very familiar with VCR mechanics, but I've read about VCR repair from repairfaq.org, and according to it, the height adjustment is done by the angled guides, isn't it?

Of course, but I probably can't get it without paying, can I?

Simoc

--
Top-posting not supported.
Reply to

First of all, what problem are you having? If the playback picture is jittery or rolling, alignment might help. Severe misalignment would show a number of horizontal bars of snow.

The slanted posts are not adjusted, the height of the rollers is. A slotted flat blade screwdriver is usually required. Older models have set screws which must be loosened somewhat for the adjustment, then re-tightened. Newer ones generally just have some tension built-in so that the post does not rotate easily on it's own.

It's best by far to use an oscilloscope to make the adjustments, but I'm assuming you don't have one...

You could try using a known good tape, then adjusting the entrance roller a bit each way, and try to center it in the area of most stable playback. Same eith the exit roller.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Yes, there are horizontal noise bars.

Really? I've understood that the tape should go the correct path without much support of the roller guides. Am I wrong? So is it only the height of those roller guides that affects to the height of the tape path?

Yes, there are screws that can be rotated with a slotted flat blade screwdriver.

So are those small screws in older models just for locking the height of roller guides?

Thanks a lot for your info :-)

-- Top-posting not supported.

Reply to
Simoc