suggestions for repairing camcorder please...

I have a Sony 730 Digital8 camcorder which has suddenly started dividing the picture on playback into 5 equal thick horizontal bands. The sound on playback is also choppy. This is not limited to just one tape.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a possible cause and/or what I could do to fix the problem?

Thanks,

--
dave @ stejonda

Beyond the farmyard the wind in the trees.
Reply to
nospamdeleteabusedave