Panasonic Massage Chair parts?

A friend has offered to give me a 12 year old broken $4000 Panasonic massage chair. The electronics are working, it sounds like the main motor is dead.

I'd have to drive 60 miles and bust a gut lifting it up into a trailer to get it home. I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth it?

Could I even find a replacement motor for it?

Dallas

Reply to
Dallas

The motor should be available from Matsuchita. Call first with the model number of the chair, and see if it is still available. You better be wearing a seat belt, and have a few beers in you when you hear the price!

--

JANA _____

A friend has offered to give me a 12 year old broken $4000 Panasonic massage chair. The electronics are working, it sounds like the main motor is dead.

I'd have to drive 60 miles and bust a gut lifting it up into a trailer to get it home. I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth it?

Could I even find a replacement motor for it?

Dallas

Reply to
JANA

"JANA"

Wow.. that was pretty fast. Can you get me a little closer to where to call? Searching Matsushita gets a lot of hits.

And I'm wearing my seat belt now, what's a ballpark of what the motor costs?

Dallas

Reply to
Dallas

You will probably be in the 250-$300.00 price range. You can look around surplus places for the motor, or one like it than can be adapted into the vibrating unit...if you are lucky, and handy.

Reply to
K `Sleep

"K `Sleep"

That I could handle... I have this feeling that JANA is going to come back and say $600 to $800 for the motor.

Dallas

Reply to
Dallas

Any good industrial electrical distributor should be able to get your motor for you. Look in your local yellow pages. Regards Lee

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Lee

Go to their main site in Japan and then select for your location. You should be able to end up with a phone number.

I am not sure, but I think the motor is in the $350 to $450 range.

Try the link below. They changed their web page to be under Panasonic only. Matsuchita is the parent company for Panasonic.

JANA _____

"JANA"

Wow.. that was pretty fast. Can you get me a little closer to where to call? Searching Matsushita gets a lot of hits.

And I'm wearing my seat belt now, what's a ballpark of what the motor costs?

Dallas

Reply to
JANA

"JANA"

Ugh.. I hope that's not the problem.

Well, thanks everyone.. I now have the monster in my office and will begin exploratory surgery this afternoon. Wish me luck.

Dallas

Reply to
Dallas