Phillips 50" Plasma Repair Parts Needed - Model 50FD9955

I was wondering if you guys could help me...

I have recently inherited a dead 50" Phillips Plasma monitor. This monitor worked fine up until 6 months ago. When I press the power button, the green "on" light appears and I hear a click, but there is no display (there are two 5" fans in the housing, they do not spin up either). The first thing I thought was that the power supply was dead, so I removed the back cover and found the board. On the board, there are three small burned areas where some of the components have shorted out. This monitor is out of warranty, and according to Phillips, is not available for after warranty repair. The Phillips help desk person I spoke with gave me a few phone numbers for local repair shops, but told me that they would not sell me the replacement part I need directly...which means parts + labor. Since the power supply appears to be the only damaged part of the entire display, I'd like to obtain only the part I need and replace it myself. Here is the pertinent info:

TV Model: Phillips 50FD9955 50" Plasma Monitor Product Link:

Defective Part: PNT-503 Manufactured by Origin Electric Co. LTD (made in Japan) Specs: Input AC 100-240V

50Hz/60Hz 7.1A Output +170V 2.0A, +70V 2.6A, +5V 5.0A, +5V 1.1A, +3.3V 4.0A +7V 0.5A, +14V 1.0A, +6V 0.3A

The following marks are at the bottom left of the board:

3S110071 (PNT-503) PKG-1939

I've been scouring the web looking for a source for this board, but so far, my search has been fruitless. It would be a shame to throw this thing away, especially when it may only need one part. Of course, there is a good chance that the damage is more extensive than I can currently tell, but I think it's worth a shot. If anyone can provide any help on sourcing this part (or a compatible replacement), please let me know. As a side note, I have very little experience with board level repairs, so I wouldn't be able to repair it myself...but if you know someone who could, then that would be helpful too. I am including a link to pictures of the board.

Thanks in advance for your help and for taking the time to read this post.

James

Reply to
James W