Panasonic PT-47WX49E and Cat Urine

Hello,

My local TV repair guy ("hi" Coach) came out to my house to take in my Panasonic PT-47WX49E which had lost one audio channel and the picture. He asked if we had a male cat and we said yes but he died last year. Well, he showed us that Mikey had sprayed urine up and into the main board and that over time it could have shorted out the components that affected the audio and picture. So he took the set in and did a high temp steam wash and power dry to see of the picture would come back. It didn't and said a new system board could run me $600-800.

Two questions:

Could I even find that board? Is it worth it to replace?

thanks

Reply to
zephyr

Art

thanks Art, I wrote them but they're not responding.Will try again. They seem to have the mainboard though

Reply to
zephyr