OB2269 IC source?

Would anyone know where I could obtain an OB2269 IC?

From what I've been able to google, this is a PWM controller IC

I managed to find a site where I could order 50,000, but I was sort of hoping to buy 1, perhaps 1 extra for backup.

Thanks for any pointers...

Reply to
Mr. Land

Sorry I have no pointers but good luck finding someone to sell you the part you need. I suspect the IC is somewhat specialized and not stocked by the normal variety of component vendors and you have discovered brokers who require minimum qty, $$$ orders.

I'm in a similar situation and have scoured the internet for days hoping to find a source for just 1 or 2 devices. Most brokers did not even respond to a RFQ even though they had sources that had only 1 device available. My thinking was that the source with only 1 device on hand would be happy to get it out of their inventory. But it seems the brokers don't find it profitable to deal in small quantities unless the price meets a minimum $$$ amount (typically $300+). You have no way of knowing who that source is so you can't contact them directly to make an offer.

From my experience it appears we are both SOL but since this was my first time trying to deal with brokers I would also be interested in any pointers anyone has to offer.

BTW, I've been searching for a source for a Phillips SAA7199WP (84pin PLCC) Digital Video Encoder for the past several months. I'm sitting on a 16 channel video multiplexer that's junk without the part.

Good Luck, Rush

Reply to
rush14

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:28:55 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I can't find a source, but maybe a full datasheet might help you narrow down an equivalent. FWIW, this is the datasheet for an XN1042 which looks similar but may in fact cross to a different On-Bright part:

http://211.94.206.193/down.php?domain=down-dianyuan-bbs&file=58/1916411193332592.pdf

The SG6846 looks like it might be adaptable. Other SG684x parts may also be worth a look:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

..

x...

Thanks for the replies and pointers...

Reply to
Mr. Land

..

x...

Hmm, that's interesting...

The first page of the datasheet for the XN1042 whose link you posted (thanks) matches, word-for-word, the infosheet I'd found for the OB2269, except for the name of the chip.

Reply to
Mr. Land

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:43:06 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Land" put finger to keyboard and composed:

That's how I found it. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

4...

b.x...

Wish I could! I can't find anyone selling any of these numbers (OB2269, XN1042, SG6846)

Guess I'll have to admit defeat on this one.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr. Land