Adapter for a Panasonic phone

I have an old Panasonic phone/answering that works very well but the adapter has been lost. The capacity of that adapter was 12v DC, 500 Milliamps.

I have been quoted $25+ in several locations for a new adapter, which I think is ridiculous. I could buy a whole new phone for that.

I visited the Panasonic web site once and saw one for the same phone for about $6 but the site is so huge I was not able to find it when I visited it again later.

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced adapter?

TIA

RF

Reply to
Red Fox

Those panasonic ones often want "reverse" polarity (+ve outside -ve inside)

nsing a non-genuine adaptor may be against telephone company rules

other than that a 500ma or 1A 12Vdc adaptor with a suitable plug shouldn't cost $25US but it probably won't be a much under $15 if you're buying new and paying retail prices.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen

adapter

inside)

Thank you Jasen.

Looks like I have some more work to do.

RF

Reply to
Red Fox

I bought a whole GE digital answering machine, with an adapter, for $15. Ludicrous that a single adapter should cost $25.

RF

Reply to
Red Fox