old X-10 controller/ need help

Hello.... I have the CP290 controller that I lost the serial cable to interface with the PC. This standalone unit was programmable, except for the cable now gone. I looked at the X-10 site, and saw nothing of any help. I was hoping someone knows where I could either buy the ready-made cord, or know the pins out/in on either end. I remember the 9-pin was on one end, and a 5 pin DIN was the other.

Thanks Les

Reply to
les

If I can find mine, I'll post the cable pinout.

Meanwhile, you can get a new CP290 with cable, CD, 4 function remote, etc, for $10US plus $5.90 shipping - at least until they are all gone:

John

Reply to
John

x10.com lists the cable for the CP290-Mac interface:

The pinout of the DIN connector is in this manual from smarthome.com:

pigselectronics.com also has a Mac cable:

Lots of x10 modification and reference info here:

Didin't find a CP290 in my junkbox, just a CM11A.

That pinout is as follows:

db9 female - looking in ABCDE FGHI

rj11 male - from the end - clip down ABFD

John

Reply to
John