Note pad

hi all, have a problem when download a file off the internet it come up on the note pad but it have all kind numbers ,letter that i cannot understand , it's french to me would like to know what i'am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jonesy82

I think it is probably a bad power supply capacitor, or perhaps the surge pootlewanger is bent too much.

Another possibility is that you posted in the *wrong* group for this type of question, and as well asked a question that made no sense because you didn't tell anyone what file you downloaded? Naw, that can't be it!

Reply to
PeterD

Sounds like it is not a text file. It could be .rtf format or a Word .doc. Or try opening it as a graphics file

Reply to
Don Bowey

The proper place to find answers about Microsoft products:

JeffM

It looks like you're using Outlook Express. If the file you downloaded is a yEnc encoded file, Outlook Express won't know what to do with it so you will see numbers and letters. If you're not familiar with yEnc, you can read more here

Will Zenter