No tv headphone sound

I have a Sharp 28lf-92h tv and when I plug in a headphone I get no sound but the built in speakers are still working. Jiggling the headphone jack plug around in the socket has no effect. Any help please, thanks. Regards, David

Reply to
David Sewell

David: FIRST..... try another pair of headphones. If that doesn't work then TAKE your television to a service shop for what should be a fairly inexpensive repair.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Thanks for that. I used to do a limited amount of old style repairs. Just that this is a graded stock set and I just underwent a repeat hernia repair so ( even though tempted) should not be pulling a big set around yet. Thought someone would advice if the latest designs have the headphone output switched via a chip that would make the problem more complex than a first guess. Thanks, I love you:-)

plug

Reply to
David Sewell