A small Doubt regarding headphone jack

I was wondering whether DC current flows or AC current flows from a headphone Jack. I am not sure because I was reading articles which were saying to measure the DC voltage between the Left and the right channel with respect to the ground. My question is how can a speaker produce varying output if DC current comes out of an Headphone jack. Please help me in clarifying my doubts. I am using the output from my PC sound card. Thanks Nitin

Reply to
Nitin

The detail here is that the current in a headphone jack will vary, to produce the vibrations in the headphone's cone/membrane, to reproduce sound. But, unlike what some people consider AC current:

A) The variation is not a stable wave with a periodic variance over time.

B) Current varies between little or no flow, to a certain degree flow in one direction. "AC" current varies between one direction (polarity, charge) and the opposite, that is, it's state shifts between positive and negative flow.

Reply to
Lars Goldschlager