Mitsubishi VS-5043 Question

All,

TV in question recently developed following symptoms. After being on for 20 minutes or so, the sides of the image snap down for an instant before returning to normal.

Performed color aligning and convergance aligning via the on-screen menus, but that did nothing to correct the issue.

The problem seems to be intermitant. It goes away for a while and then returns.

Since the set is so large, I am looking for suggestions on what the problem might be so that I can either:

a) repair myself b) describe suspected problem to repair tech (if one can be found) c) pull appropriate boards for repair

TIA, Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Fifield

Take "B" Thats the intelligent way since you don't have a clue. No diagnostics done...????

Reply to
kip

Not sure what you mean the "the sides snap down", but since the problem goes and comes, suggests a possible bad solder joint. Need a better description of problem to determine where to look first. A tech may give you a rough estimate if you give all details concerning the problem.

Reply to
Golf

Thanks, all. One responder on another group suggested that I was experiencing a high-voltage spark. Thoughts on that?

D.

Reply to
Douglas Fifield

Any Mitz RPTV experienced technician will be able to repair the set. Time to call one out for an estimate of repair.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Any suggestions on how to find a qualified repair person in my area? Is there an 800 number that might help me with that?

D.

Reply to
Douglas Fifield