Mitsubishi ck-31302 32" TV - menus work, but no picture??

I have a Mitsubishi ck-31302 television. The menus, volume scroller bar, channel numbers all display, but I get no video. Audio also works. Any thoughts on how to repair this? Could it be a leaky cap on the PIP board? I am hoping somebody else has also encountered this problem.

Thanks!!

Clint Young

Reply to
abbzer0

I should also ask, does anyone have a schematic for this tv? If I need to jump some pins to bypass the PIP module, I'd like to see what i'm working with prior. Thanks!

Reply to
abbzer0

So credit goes to Minnie on eserviceinfo, but still wanted to share my fix here since I have received so much valuable information on this website before.

For most tube Mitsubishi TVs of this era, I guess the PIP board is notoriously bad for leaky caps. But lets be honest, how much do you REALLY use PIP??!?? The easiest fix is just to bypass the board. For

*MOST* of these TV's, you can just jump it direct. I was going to install two in-line 22uf/50V caps to jump these connections, but found out it wasn't really needed. Just connect pins 5 and 11 and pins 7 and 9 together > I should also ask, does anyone have a schematic for this tv? =A0If I
abbzer0