looking for Tek 5A38 & 5B40 manuals

Hi there,

in my beloved Tek 5441, I have the named plug-ins, but since I got the 'scope from a university dumpster, I sadly didn't get the manuals containing schematics, etc. with them.

Is here anybody who could send me a pdf-version of them or could tell me where I can find them?

Thanks in advance, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Schilling

Well the 5B40 is at

They do not seem to have the 5A38, although they have some 5A series manual s. It depends on what you want to know, one may be close enough.

When you download from bama, click the blue letters of the filemane, NOT wh ere it says "Download now". There is a new stupidity going on these days, t hye are trying to propogate downloading "programs" or "managers". These are something we can live without. Back on wire perhaps becasue some could all ow you to continue a download later, but today it's just clutter. Plus noon e writes programs for free so it probalby advertises somehow. I read a coup le of people bitching about it.

Reply to
jurb6006

Hi there,

Thanks for this. I thought I've already had a look at BAMA, but it seems I didn't notice this one...

I'm searching for the exact schematic of the 5A38 plug-in to be prepaired to repair it if it breaks one day (and because of curiosity of course ;-)

Thanks, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Schilling

Hi Jamie,

$10 is ok for the manual, but I am sitting in Germany, so add shipping costs, etc. and that isn't worth it anymore :-(

Greetings, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Schilling

You know, I can find it all over the place for $10.. don't you think it's worth that? :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You can probably get it in PDF but for money. Just hope it's not one of those locked PDFs that you can only view on one computer.

Reply to
jurb6006

Have you asked on the Tektronix Yahoo group?

enough left over to pay them.

   Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week. :(
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

manuals. It depends on what you want to know, one may be close enough.

where it says "Download now". There is a new stupidity going on these days, thye are trying to propogate downloading "programs" or "managers". These are something we can live without. Back on wire perhaps becasue some could allow you to continue a download later, but today it's just clutter. Plus noone writes programs for free so it probalby advertises somehow. I read a couple of people bitching about it.

All these download managers are snoop ware. They swipe your information (sometimes important or personal) and sell it. Refuse ALL of them. Delete any you have, they never were needed. (at least if you use firefox or opera)

?-)

Reply to
josephkk