Looking for IC Rohm BA5954FM

I only need one. Ribbon cable crossed pins and let the smoke out. I think this one was on a lot of Xbox boards too. If you know of a likely supplier let me know, none of the big 5 have it.

Reply to
runderwo

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:26:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.win.org Has Frothed:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

That's great, except all those "hard to find IC" places have a $100-300 minimum order.

Reply to
runderwo

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:47:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.win.org Has Frothed:

Buy enough for an order and sell the rest?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Seemed more economical to attempt to find someone around here that has a dead board featuring one. Since it's on a $50 burner minimal effort is the key phrase.

Reply to
runderwo

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:54:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.win.org Has Frothed:

What kind of "burner" ?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

On 6 Dec 2006 20:26:09 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@mail.win.org" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I wonder if the Rohm part is equivalent to the CMD5954 (4-Channel BTL Motor Driver for CD-ROM)?

See

for a datasheet.

I have an old DVD player with the CMD part. If it is of any use to you, you can have the whole PCB for the cost of postage from Australia.

- Franc Zabkar

--=20 Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

Friend's old Panasonic CW-8571, combo DVD reader/CD burner.

Reply to
runderwo

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:25:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.win.org Has Frothed:

Dude, buy a Lite On for $29.95 :)