DIP Socket Ribbon Cable Connector with 0.4" Rows

I am looking for a ribbon cable connector to plug into a DIP socket on

0.4" row centers. This is to tap into the socket of a 3 digit LED display. I know they have made ICs on 0.4" rows but I can't find such a ribbon cable connector.

Anyone seen one of these? I only need 12 pins but there is space for 16 or even 20 pins. Otherwise I'll have to kludge up something pretty ugly.

--

Rick
Reply to

You could make it pretty with flexible printed circuit wiring. Ribbon cable wiring is kinda old-school.

If I were kludging it, there'd be an interface board with double-sided wirewrap pin headers; plug the cable(s) into side 1, hand-wrap from side 2 to the LEDs.

Reply to
whit3rd

Den onsdag den 18. februar 2015 kl. 18.28.26 UTC+1 skrev rickman:

put two male connectors on the cable next to each other and cut off the inner rows of pins, that should add up to about 0.4"

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's the best idea I've seen yet. Actually, I have DIP connectors from a kit I got a long time ago. I was thinking of using two of them since they already have the right shape pins. I just don't know for sure there isn't an interference problem, but I'll find out.

More like this I guess. ____ ____ ====|____|=|____|= | |

--

Rick
Reply to