Sony ICF-SW7600 no AM and FM reception

Hi there, my good old Sony ICF-SW7600 fails to receive any transmissions, AM as well as FM, only VERY faint reception. Tried wallplug, batteries.

Any ideas?

Frank

Reply to
Frank-Stefan Müller

Very faint *reception* as in it doesn't receive hardly any stations, or very faint reception as in very low audio ? Or both even ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Well, first does it receive but faintly, or not at all? You said both in your post, and that would be a major conflict in what's the symptoms.

Reply to
PeterD

If I remember correctly, the front end FET (Field Effect Transistor) in the tuner section sometimes fails in this model series. This is not something you can fix yourself unless you are experienced with this type of service work, and can work in RF circuits. I cannot remember if in this model this transistor is an SMD type.

This FET failure is more common than other types that inhibit this radio from working properly. There are also other types of components that can cause failures. I would not be able to suggest anything else without troubleshooting the set using the proper diagnostics processes.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Arfa Daily schrieb:

Hi, first case: I can hear only one station very weak, a 151kHz 300kW transmitter located abuot 70km from me, I used to hear it LOUD and clear.

Frank-Stefan

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Frank-Stefan_M