rotel rcd 955ax

hi I have just got my cd player and speakers out ( just 20 years old) and had the idea of linking these to my new TV to increase the sound quality and when I power up my CD it momentarily goes on and then goes off, any thoughts? thanks Leigh

Reply to
leigh martin

what exactly "goes on " and off ?

Reply to
N_Cook

bad cap in the power supply... surely !

--
Kripton

the ESR Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html
the Geiger Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/geiger-repositor.html
Reply to
Kripton

**What "goes on and then goes off"? The display? The transport? Is it 'skipping' when playing CDs? Your description of the fault is hopelessly inadequate. The RCD955 uses a linear power supply, so it is unlikely that the entire unit switches on and off.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au