Kyocera mono laser not feeding properly

Hi,

I've had my Kyocera mono laser printer for about 6 years now, though its only on its second toner cartridge. The problem is it wont reliably feed the paper through any more.

I have tried to disassemble but can't get very far. There is a short, fat, light grey rubber roller that picks up the paper that I have removed (plastic circlip) and cleaned a few times, with a can of Platenclene and cotton buds. This seems to feed the paper towards two long thin rubber rollers that pinch the paper between themselves and long shiny metal rollers. The paper doesn't get to feed through this second roller combination. I have cleaned these several times too, but the problem remains. All the rubber looks and feels quite squidgy and grippy, not hard and shiny at all.

Any hints?

One other thing that is really annoying - when the printer fails, I open the paper drawer to remove the folded over sheet that hasn't gone any further. I then switch off and switch back on the printer to get out of its flashing LED paper jam mode. The problem is that it takes a very very long time before the PC can print another page. Maybe 6 or 7 minutes. It doesn't matter what you do with the (WinXP) print manager, or power or USB disconnects, (the failed print is still pending), you can't force another print before something in the system has decided it has had a good long rest. It is actually quicker to reboot Windows.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Gareth Magennis Inscribed thus:

A model number would be nice !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Try (new) different paper. Old paper with high moisture content will jam more easily. Also different brands may or may not be more prone to jaming.

Check the owner's manual, you should not have to power off to reset the error condition. The printer should recover the print job automatically.

Reply to
PeterD

of

long

hard

the

flashing

Try lightly roughening the rubber with a nail file, sandpaper or the like.

N_Cook

I've done this a couple of times with fine emery paper and platenclene, the same technique I have used on DAT and reel to reel pinch rollers for years, which works really well. Thus I don't think this is wholly a rubber problem.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Sorry, I was at home, the printer is at work. Now I am at work, it is an Ecosys PS1020D.

Thanks.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Gareth Magennis Inscribed thus: