Service Manual for Epson scanner?

Looking for the service manual for an Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner.

I've found few for sale.

Anyone have this file that want to share it? Or know of a free download server?

And yes, I've Googled.

Thanks. sparkyguy442trashATyahooDOTcom (take out the "trash" before mailing me.)

Reply to
Sparky

And no, eserviceinfo doesn't have it.

Reply to
Sparky

It isn't here somewhere?

Dean Hoffman

The 'service manual' for a scanner is ... not much. Cleaning the glass and maybe dusting the optics and especially the reference surface (this is a black or white strip against which the scanner is calibrated at startup) is about all the 'maintenance' there is, except for lamp replacements and wallwart swaps.

You don't need the manual to replace a dead lamp.

If the scanner needs more than that, you throw it away and buy another.

Reply to
whit3rd

Ye would think that. However I found the service manual for my LED based Canon N650U scanner (free at fixdevice.com) incredibly detailed on operation theory with 110 pages, for something that contains very few parts, and not even a power supply (USB powered).

--
Adrian C
Reply to