HP LaserJet P1606dn

Hi,

A HP LaserJet P1606dn produced the output in the scan here.

No obvious leakage from the toner cartridge.

Does anyone recognize the failure?

Ideas?

Thanks, ... P.

Reply to
peter

Recognize the pattern. The large black swipe occurs once each revolution of the drum. Would appear to be a drum "issue".

See also

comp.sys.hp.hardware comp.periphs.printers

Jonesy

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

That's the result of trying to print a sheet of labels:

Measure the interval distance between stripes. Divide by Pi (3.1416). The result is the diameter of the roller or drum that has the sticky glue from the labels on its surface. Looking at that photo, my guess(tm) is 2.8 inch interval. Dividing by Pi yields 0.89 inches which is the diameter of the roller or drum with the sticky glue. I can't tell which roller from here because I'm not familiar with the P1606.

The vertical bar is from toner one of the paper feed rollers. You should be able to match its position on the printed page with the feed roller position in the printer.

Note that the P1606dn is a color laser printer. It would have been helpful if the photo of the printed page was in color and not converted to monochrome. That might help identify the culprit roller or drum.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann