Re: Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

>[snip] > >> OTOH we had to rescan about a month ago and that was the first time in >> more than 2 years. More than 5 years? > >We had to rescan earlier this year, just because of a new subchannel >(56-4, AntennaTV) that the local NBC station added.

So does that mean if you hadn't rescanned, you'd still have gotten all the channels but that one.

Could you have just punched in 56,4 and the tv would find it, and then ou could add it to the internal list, but they said to rescan because that's a simple instruction and applies to everyone, whereas the instructions for adding a station vary by tv.

[snip]
Reply to
micky
[snip]

Yes, it was just that one that needed to be added.

I can't try 56.4 now, since its already scanned (checking it would require disconnecting the antenna, rescanning, then reconnecting the antenna. Too much to do for something that probably won't worh and won't help if it does). Trying 22.4 (the physical channel is 22) is ignored (on all t TVs I tried).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Well, you hit a sore point, The little CECB box, you can type the physical channel and the virtual channels programmed or not programmed will show up.

On a 55" System 6 "Smart", very dumb TV, nothing happens.

it can only delete-all and re-scan. That's are the brain cells it has.

Can it know about an antenna rotator? No.

You can also have for the same physical channel: Say 36

6-2 51.1 51.5 51.101

There was some major shifts, at least two in the Philadelphia area. I don't know if scan and add would have worked for one of them.

Reply to
Ron D.

After the FCC repack in LA several channels moved frequencies so that neede d a rescan. KCAL channel 9 has added

3 subchannels but not at the same time so you would need a rescan for each addition. We had an old Magnavox where you could select the RF channel and a few seconds later it would iden tify the PSIP and report the channel. It gets more interesting in that the channel 28 carrier for KCET a lso has KLCS (ch 58) as subchannels but behaves as if ch 58 is its own carrier. Likewise channel 50 KOCE is now subchannels on KSCI ch 18. It did take them quite a while before they got is sorted so that my TVs and comput ers would recognize it properly.
Reply to
stratus46

I realize many TVs have very poor or no programming ability, some with more utility than others. Most in Pittsburgh wonder where the local channel 13 VHF-H went. They can no longer receive the new 60 mHz ch 4 frequency with tiny antennas LOL.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

With so many on cable or other means of getting TV signals other than off the air, I bet the TV companies spend little time worring about the tuner part for the antennas.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

in

ET

now

re

I noticed in Pittsburgh that your neighbor could be 100 ft lower or higher than you are.

Reply to
bruce bowser