Is there any good sight with advice on how to change cd/dvd drivers?

I need to change the cd/dvd driver on my dell computer. It's an optiplex standing computer. any good sights that show how it's done?

thanks.

Reply to
ape shall not kill ape

Nothing to change. The CD/DVD drive are diredtly supported by the operating system. What is the issue?

This is America so why do I have to press 1 for English??

Reply to
WSZsr

ating

I need to pull out the old one and replace it with a new one. Is it easy to put in an extra driver?

--=AD-------

ws: snipped-for-privacy@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ape shall not kill ape

I guess using your dell tag number you can go to support on dell's web site and grab the updated driver for that cd/dvd as long as it was purchased with the pc. If you changed out the cd/dvd drive then you may need to go to the mfgr web site for the latest driver.

Reply to
RnR

If I understand you, you want to change cd/dvd drives? Extra driver??? You will not use an extra driver but a replacement driver for the new cd/dvd drive.

You can probably update the driver from the device manager or just read the mfgr. web site how to install. The device driver may be like an .exe file where it self installs upon execution.

Reply to
RnR

You mean an extra "drive", a "driver" is the piece of software which interfaces with the drive.

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

Reply to
Wolf