Info on SWR amp required

Hi chums

Does anyone have, or can point me to towards a circuit diagram (Schematic) for an SWR Baby Blue bass amp.

At this point all I need to know is the value of the Master Volume pot.

Cheers Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

There's some SWR schematics on here

Ron, and also on here
but they are by model number rather than name. Might be similar if not the same.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Assuming someone has totally removed it and lost it so nothing to measure, I don't see what harm you can do by trying 10K,50K or 100K log or lin. Its not as though you will put in a 50 ohm one. Then just optimisation.

SWR - anything to do with Simms Watts ?

N Cook

Cheers for that Arfa, I`d already looked there but Baby Blue and Electric Blue seem to be the only model 'numbers', the two amps share the same amp, one being a combo the other just a head.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

The master vol pot had been changed by a local shop, after which the amp lost it`s 'sweet spot' I suspect the wrong value was fitted. I could fiddle about trying various pots and giving the amp back to the customer each time he has a gig to try out, but it`s far easier to fit the correct value and do the job right.

Unlikely, SWR are an American company, the venerable Simms-Watts were British. I used to be a Simms Watts dealer, sadly they never really made the leap from making (excellent) valve amps to solid state.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 17:06:07 +0100, "Ron(UK)" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Sometimes the Wayback Machine can dig up stuff that is no longer on the Web. Unfortunately, this time it turned up nothing useful. :-(

Anyway for old times' sake ...

Here's a pic of Baby Blue 1:

... and Electric Blue:

I notice Arfa's links point to two schematics that both use a 50K master volume pot on the output of an op-amp. The wiper drives a second op-amp configured as an inverting unity gain amp with 10K resistors in the input and feedback paths. If your amp uses the same design philosophy, then I think 50K would be a good bet.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 17:06:07 +0100, "Ron(UK)" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Q: How can I order a schematic?

A: To request a schematic, please provide your full name and mailing address (or fax number), along with the model and serial number of your amplifier. Send your request to "swrcustserve at fender dot com", or contact the FMIC Consumer Relations Department, 480-596-7195.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Cheers for that Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Aha! So does this imply that they were always / are now part of Fender ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:51:04 +0100, "Arfa Daily" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know, but Steve W. Rabe went on to found Raven Labs from which he retired in Feb 2005:

The web site says ...

=================================================================== If you are the owner of a Raven Labs product and require service or repair, please contact:

  • MR Electronics
6559 Coldwater Canyon Ave. North Hollywood, CA 91606 Phone: (818) 259-1939 Attn: Mario Rebollero Email: mariorebollero at yahoo dot com ===================================================================

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar