Is Apex a good brand?

Just wait until some import company comes across that post and maybe we'll start seeing Funai DVD players branded with it :)

Reply to
James Sweet

James Sweet wrote in news:Sniqf.691$2B5.189 @trnddc01:

Sansui and Advent also come to mind.

Reply to
Freddy Krueger

Hi!

This must be a very high end DVD player! ;-)

Agreed...and you sometimes find a good product in the last (or next to last) place you'd expect to find it.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Actually, there could have been some relation. I seem to remember reading in a history of the company that Dual was sold to the Namsung Corporation (of South Korea).

I doubt the products are as good as they used to be (just because it seems to be "the trend" in the electronics business) but it is more than just a name IIRC. I don't own any modern Dual gear, but I've played with some and it looked to be reasonably well made.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh