Apex Television Parts Available?

Hi All:

I'm trying to fix a television for a friend. It is an Apex model GT-2105. It has a shorted Horiz. outpit transistor. The device is marked 'D2102'. I can't seem to locate a reliable cross to this part. Does anybody have any ideas? I've read in other threads that Apex products are truly disposable electronics. True? Or are parts actually available? Any help appreciated

Reply to
Bob Kos

Hi Bob...

Don't know the set so just off the top of my head...

Try a 2sd2102

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Do a Google groups search for Apex and whatever, there is a thread in here that gives a URL where you can get schematics.

Most Apex parts can be subbed, but it took some doing to get the LA76814K ICs.

As far as yokes and flys go I don't know, but I haven't seen a bad one yet. Of course I don't work on alot of Apex.

I couldn't get a datasheet right away on the 2SD2102, but I'll tell ya, you can sub almost ANY NTSC horiz or HV output with a 2SC5150. Good maximum ratings and excellent gain and switching times, with this it can stand a lower drive level, but with it's high current rating it can tolerate drive circuits that put out a bit too much.

I think B&D gets about $7 for them. I use them when we get a long term (like a week) HOT failure repeatedly. This is legal since 1976, "safety cannot depend on THE FAILURE of a semiconductor". I also use them when I can't get the original and can't get specs either.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Try 2SD2102...if you cant find a direct replacement, Try NTE electronics.

Tritronics has some APEX parts but not too much

Reply to
PainintheAmp