HP Laserjet 6L PCL

Hi all, having a problem with my laserjet 6l pcl printer when printing the paper feeder dont printer feed all the paper though but only print one page, then i have to go and add another sheet to finish the job this happen every time even if i have five or ten page can i get some help with this problem. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jonesy82

Sounds mechanical, better get a mechanic!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Funny how they accuse *us* of trolling.

Reply to
Janet Gelb

Homer J Simpson

This sounds like mechanical problems. The printer may need a new roller assembly, and other mechanical parts. It may not be feasible to service.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

Yes, know that problem very well. It also existed in my old HP LaserJet 5L as well as a couple of other HP LaserJets and LaserJet/FAX combos that used this same engine and physical design.

  1. There was a class action lawsuit for this problem.
  2. HP provided a "quick repair kit" for consumers -- that worked for most people -- but not all the time (It worked in my case).

The web site link provided earlier has the repair information. I do not know if HP service centers are still serving this model -- for this issue (likely they are).

Problem: Printer picks up all of the pages in the paper feed and jams. Alternatively, printer won't pick up any paper.

Cause: Worn out pickup roller and separation pad fail to properly grip paper, causing paper jam. Note: The new pickup roller and pads we provide have been reformulated and should last significantly longer than the ones originally provided by the manufacturer.

Solution: Replace the necessary parts, all of which are included in this repair kit (along with easy to follow directions).

Kit Includes: a.. Pickup Roller b.. Separation Pad c.. 2 Sub Pads d.. Instructional Video (CD-ROM or VHS)

Reply to
w9gb

Reply to
Bennett Price

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:51:44 -0500, Jonesy82 Has Frothed:

There is a pickup "foot" that pulls paper from the tray. Replace it.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow