hp Laserjet 4 large capacity feeder jam problem fixed

A long time ago I posted about some trouble I was having with my hp Laserjet 4's optional large capacity paper feeder. It started jamming intermittently and gradually got to the point where it would never feed correctly. I installed a new pickup roller, but it didn't help. I was looking for something to do this afternoon and took another look at the feeder.

It turned out to be caused by some sticky foam rubber in the solenoid that activates the pickup roller. I've seen this before on Laserjet II's, but it looks like canon still hasn't learned from its mistake. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Jamie