HP Laserjet 3800n paper feeding problems

Good morning

When I print a page my HP Laserjet 3800n often picks two or more paper sheets from the tray. I have been googling for this problem but I could not find the magic words to get a valid result.

I suppose it is a cleaning problem, but I prefer asking before dismounting.

Thank you in advance.

--
Saludos
Reply to

One simple activity. With each sheaf of paper , before adding to the hopper, bend and flick the leading edge of the sheaf along its length to reduce the "stiction".

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
Reply to

I just did paper feed repair on CP1518, easy enough if you can get replacement parts.

Reply to
JC

When I recently worked on an HP Colour LaserJet 3500 I downloaded a wonderfully detailed service manual from HP...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Thank you all for the replies.

I had the service manual; my problem is described in the jams part and it recommends N_Cook's solution. I will try it as soon as police allows me to go out and buy paper.

The paper separation pad looks worn, it looks like someone used sand paper with it. I will look for a replacement in my company's retired printers or a new one.

--
Saludos
Reply to

My laser printer is in the basement. I have to store my unused paper in a heated part of the house or it may jam. It's OK, if it's in the printer.

There is a "curl" to the paper and the printer feeds better one way. So, flip and rotate sometimes helps.

Humidity affects paper.

You have pick-up and separation.

Reply to
Ron D.

g.

how many sheets usage is on the pickup rollers? If over40K, good idea to r eplace them. HP makes maintenance kits for refirbing the units. Read the service manual and see what are recommended maintenance items in the paper feed mechanism . Oh, and ALWAYS keep the paper reams in a low humidity place and 'fan' the p ages from both sides and top+bottom before the paper is placed in the tray. good luck j

Reply to
jjhudak4