Hp laserjet 2420 always printing engine test

Hi, My Hp laserjet 2420 keeps printing engine test until its out of paper. The problem will not even stop after powering down for several hours. This problem occurred after replacing the small 24 volts fan. Even just after that it worked fine, it was able to print a self test, config. test and a log file but after boxing I had this problem and shows this massage 'PRINTING ENGINE TEST" and will start printing horizontal lines on the paper until its out of paper. What might b the problem pls help. Thanks

Reply to
fynnashba

Don't know the 2420. Is there a special button for the test which is activated by a misaligned box and/or faulty cable, connection, plug..., telling that the test is needed? Or a misplaced (too long) screw kills a cable, or a cable is squeezed...

So remove the box and check again.

Saludos Wolfgang

--
Meine 7 Sinne:
Unsinn, Schwachsinn, Blödsinn, Wahnsinn, Stumpfsinn, Irrsinn, Lötzinn.