Can EXT 2 (AV) on Samsung LE26R41BD be connected to an VCR for record?

I am trying to connect up a Samsung LE26R41BD for an elderly friend. There are 2 Scart connectors at the back labelled EXT 1 (RGB) and EXT 2

(AV). Can I use any of these connector to connect to an external VCR so

he can record program? I can't seem to find whether these are IN or OUT

on the manual. I am not a technician so would really appreciate the help.

Thanks, Petre

Reply to
PHuile

VCRs have their own tuner. You do not record from the TV, you record the channel you choose from the internal tuner on the VCR. You only have to worry about feeding a VCR OUTPUT to a compatible input on the TV. I have often found that older persons (who did not grow up with this technology) have a hard time understanding this whole concept - how they can be watching one channel on the TV, while the VCR records a different channel. (My own Mom included)

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver