Help needed to identify connector please

Hi to all group members,

I am having difficulties in identifying a plug/socket type, and if anyone can help would they also know where these can be obtained? I am in the UK and have spent some time looking online, however, no luck so far.

There are 2 pictures at

My first time posting here (or Flickr) so I hope it makes sense.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Kenuf

Reply to
Kenuf

pictures don't show any connectors, or they are so small as to be invisible.

Reply to
hrhofmann

[added x-post to sci.electronics.components]

I've seen connectors like that on interwiring between boards inside old television and VCR sets, maybe Philips or Sony. Looking in my junk pile I found one connector made by Pressac, but doing a search today on that just reveals catalogues for their telecoms and data products.

What's the distance between the pins? Also, if an manfacturing mark or name can't be identified from the body how about desoldering it? Might be detailed underneath.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Hi,

I tried the link myself and it seems OK, however I have added another picture of just the (fried) plug & socket. I hope this is now clearer.

Kenuf

Reply to
Kenuf

There are no markings that I can find, but it is badly burnt. It is a

6-way plug, with 1 terminal burnt away.

The distance between the pins is about 5.5mm and the 2 wider spaced pins are about 8.0mm.

For those interested this is from an industrial dish washing machine made in Italy. The make is Colged. The parts are not available from the manufacturer. I am told it is four to five years old, looks like tin solder so could be right.

Kenuf

Reply to
Kenuf

The board is not mine, trying to help someone out, really. The cause of the failure is as yet undetermined, the contacts on 2 of the relays connected to the burnt plug have been arcing, and one of the fuseholders is burnt from the heat of the burning plug. I did not get a look at the fuses. It could be a poor contact on the plug/socket that caused the burning. Poor solder joint?

If it were mine I would do as you suggest and replace it with something different, the owner would like it as original. It may well have to be substituted if the machine is to be got working again.

Kenuf

Reply to
Kenuf

The owner needs to be less mule-like on this. The 'as original' condition was the precursor to its current failed state. That is NOT worth revisiting.

Reply to
whit3rd

Here you go. :-)

Manufactured in the UK. If they won't deal direct with you, Farnell, CPC or Rapid Electronics are listed as distributors.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

What's it from ? Washing machine maybe ? If so, I'd just nip round to my local electrical shop where they repair washing machines, and see if they've got a scrap board with the same connector on that they would let you have for a couple of quid.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Hi Adrian C,

Many thanks for the link, I am very grateful indeed.

Thanks also to all others who have replied. It is my first excursion to this group, I have not been dissapointed.

Kenuf

Reply to
Kenuf