Please help me identify these PCB connectors

I need to replace a cable on a piece of equipment. The ends of the cable connect to PCBs using the type of connector I'm used to seeing all the time when I dismantle stuff. However, now I actually need to order them to make my cable, I can't find the right part to order from RS (common supplier here in the UK).

Here is a picture of the two ends of the cable I need to replace:

I know these are generically PCB header plugs, but the problem is that they're not at the 0.1" spacing common to hobby electronics. I measure

18mm over the 8 holes, or 2.25mm pitch, and that doesn't seem to be a standard size. Am I in fact fractionally off and searching with the wrong numbers?

The white one also has a particular shape to fit the socket on the board, and the low profile is important to fit inside the case.

Can anyone tell me what name or term I should be searching for, and where (ideally in the UK) I might buy a small quantity if they can't be found at RS?

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Pete-

We used to use the one on the left where I worked and we called them Berg connectors (Wikipedia, Google it). At least the left one looks familiar. If I'm not mistaken, isn't 18mm over 8 holes - 18/7 spaces between the 8 holes = approx 2.5x mm ... 0.1" ?

Joel

Reply to
RadioJ

Cheers, I'll look it up.

Shit! Those damn fencepost errors will get you every time!

I tried a plug I had handy which I thought was 0.1", and it didn't fit. But maybe that one was actually slightly bigger. Feeling a bit stupid now :-)

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

So with the proper pitch sorted out, the black one is a fairly standard Molex Cgrid SL Version A, which I've been able to find and add to my order.

Still stumped on the white one.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

On closer inspection, it uses flat "blades" rather than square pins, which prevents it mating with most normal 0.1" header plugs.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

I looked around the JST site for that white one but none look like a match. Can you put up a picture of the receptacle as well? Sometimes their shape is distinctive enough to aid in the identification of the family.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Dunno about UK; maybe Farnell?

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Here:

I'm still digging, and have found it looks an awful lot like a Molex Microblade. Not quite, however - it doesn't have the fillets down the corners of the receptacle like that does, and more importantly, however I measure it, I cannot kid myself that mine is 2.00mm pitch. It's definitely 2.5 or .1".

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon