Help ID'ing a connector

Gracious group, I'd like to pick up some connectors from Digi Key et al, but the world of connectors is very wide, and I'd like to know if there are industry names or other ways of narrowing down the connectors that I need. There's two;

First one, the type of connector is just like the traditional IDE or floppy drive connector on motherboards. I need that in 10 pin, 16 pin, etc. but that basic style. What's it called?

Second type -- well you have to see a picture. Pls see

I need the right thing to plug into J7, the red connector on this SBC. Just to the left of it, you'll see the style of the other connector that I reference above.

Any help is much appreciated. Names, styles, model numbers, anything to get me to a selection where I know I am looking at the right type, and can choose # pins, M/F, quality, and everything else.

Thanks much! T

PS: Pictures like this just make me want to pick up a soldering iron :)

Reply to
Tman

Does the manual list the connector OEM and type? The ones I used all did.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Michael A. Terrell

An "IDC connector" could just as well be a 50-way micro-ribbon or a 3.96 mm MTA or god knows what else... The actual family name of those .1" dual-row connectors is, as far as I know, "HE10". That won't help you with Digi-Key but you could get manufacturer order codes from RS Components' and Farnell's sites.

Yep, looks like a .1" KK or MTA. The friction lock looks odd but it may be the photograph...

--
André Majorel
You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 07:52:24 -0400, Tman put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Friction lock header" is one description.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

You're kinf of making my point for me actually. Most people I know who talkof an 'IDC connector' in the context of computers would mean one of that type with 0.05" pitch cable. The fact that there are so many other types merely illustrates the problem.

And then if it's PATA 66/? /100 or 133 then it needs a 0.025" cable with interleaved ground wires.

I know what you mean. After looking carefully I reckoned KK. Most likely

2.54mm pitch, but you never can tell just by looking.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Intermittent connections as the tin & gold contaminate the contact areas. Radio Shack's first personal computer displayed this to thousands of clueless suckers.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell