Help to identify capacitor please

Please can anyone help me to identify a capacitor.

It is fitted to an MK Sentry RCD socket, it is fitted in position C6 and is used as the mains dropper to power the RCD circuitry.

It's only markings are 334K250 on the top line and NIS~S82 on the bottom line.

The socket has an active RCD and the Reset button will not hold in. I think that not enough voltage is being applied to the circuit, because if I apply 18V dc to the circuit it will latch the solenoid, but out of the mains derived supply I am only getting about 10V.

TIA

Mark

--
Markt
Reply to

33* 10^4 pico farad, 250V but would have to be self-healing type, not polyester
Reply to
N_Cook

.33uF 250v

Reply to
boardjunkie1

"Markt"

** Its a 330 nF cap rated at 250 volts DC - a very poor choice by the maker.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Nutcase Kook"

** Really ?

So polyester caps are not " self healing " ??

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil

I take it that you mean the working voltage is to low, what voltage would be appropriate?

Mark

--
Markt
Reply to

"Markt"

** Film caps rated for continuous use across the AC supply are special types - known as class X1 or class X2

They are AC voltage rated, usually at 150 or 275 volts and carry logos from agencies like UL.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks again Phil

I have seen X1 & X2 caps in the R.S. and Farnell books thanks for the advice.

Mark

--
Markt
Reply to