Fogged lens problem

I have an old (1969) Elmo FP-C super8 movie projector with a fogged lens. It is the first lens in the zoom lens. I can get at it but can't unscrew it to get to the fogged side. I've tried numerous repair places and clubs here in OZ but nobody touches these things anymore. If somebody could give me a clue or suggest a more appropriate group I would appreciate it. Thank you

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon W

|>I have an old (1969) Elmo FP-C super8 movie projector with a fogged lens. It is |>the first lens in the zoom lens. I can get at it but can't unscrew it to get to |>the fogged side. I've tried numerous repair places and clubs here in OZ but |>nobody touches these things anymore. |>If somebody could give me a clue or suggest a more appropriate group I would |>appreciate it. |>Thank you |> |>Gordon

If the lens is fogged, it's most likely the melted glue that holds the plastic or glass lens, of which some usually chips off to little parts at the bottom of the "lens tube"

If it's a chrystaline/granulated lens, it's just an old or cheap lens....irreperable

In either case, it seems you'll have to replace the lens, unless your magical formula can save it otherwise....if it works, please keep us posted...

--

http://tarbitch.balder.prohosting. com
mirror>>   http://triad.beam. at

It is

get to

Most expedient solution is probably to get a replacement on eBay!

It may indeed be that the lens surface or AR coating has degraded and there is no way to easily repair that. But there are plenty of these projectors or just the lenses out there if you want to restore yours.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: