Problem with GAF 2788Z dual 8 projector

Hoping someone knowledgeable about the Dual 8 GAF Projector model

2788z will be willing to lend some advice.

I recently took my parents' GAF 2788Z dual 8 projector out of the closet to look at old family movies. The projector itself had little hours of use on it throughout its life time.

The problem is that when the projector is turned on, it feels like it doesn't have enough power to work properly. The symptoms being that the reels, the motor, and everything spins very very slow in the begining. Only after warming up and operating for about a minute, will it work at normal speed.

I've replace the two rubber tires that spin the reels. I've replaced and installed a brand new non-stretch rubber/fabric motor belt.

I've also applied sewing machine oil to the shaft the shutter spins on.

Did not help. Projector starts out working slow, until it warms up.

What else to look for, and/or adjust?

I've already invested alot of money for the above parts from an internet site that sells GAF projector parts. Also purchased and installed a brand new bulb. So I would prefer to repair this projector, instead of getting a new one.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

Probably lubricant in a bearing somewhere has gone gummy , matter of cleanhing out the old stuff.

N_Cook

Join the forums at these two film projection websites:

Both have projector techs on the forums.

Reply to
Ken Layton