error codes Phillips TV

Does anyone know what 5 quick flashes from the LED mean on a 29PT8420 Phillips TV that will not switch on?

Ta

Jeroen Cates

Reply to
JMJJ Cates

On a Philips 25F8 (May be related to yours) the error codes are::

0 =No error 1 =X-ray/overvoltage protection 2 =High beam current(BCI)protection 3 =Vertical protection 4 =I2C error while communicating w/snd processor(IC7833 5 =Signal processor (IC7250)start-up error 6 =I2C error while communicating w/sig processor(IC7250) 7 =General I2C error* 8 =Internal RAM error micro controller 9 =EEPROM configuration error(Checksum error) 10=I2C error,EEPROM 11=I2C error, PLL Tnr *General error means: no I2C device is responding to the particular bus. Possible causes: SCL or SDA sht to gnd, SCL sht to SDA, SCL or SDA open at (IC7600).
Reply to
Robert

Many thanks!

Jeroen Cates

Reply to
JMJJ Cates

Interestingly..... It was repaired under warranty. However now it stays on for 15 minutes and then we get spontaneous random restarts every 30-60 seconds. Anyway the repairman is back on Monday. Thank you for your reply Robert!

Jeroen Cates

Reply to
JMJJ Cates