TV fault

Gday Guys, I have a 4yr old Philips 76cm TV which is turning off as soon as the picture appears on the screen. The standby LED then flashes twice a second. Is that indicating a fault in a certain area ? I suspect it is the FBT, but I'm hesitant to buy one incase it isn't. Does anyone know of a test I can do to check the FBT ? I have no diagram either. I will appreciate any info. Thanks, Alan *

Reply to
Alan

check the fbt transistor take it out and connect a 60 to 100w bulb to the power supply output or the collector of the fbt transistor on the board and grownd to test the power supply , if ok there should be 110-130volts at the bulb. then check fbt transformer and zener diodes if any and fbt transistor.

do not putt youre meter on that point when fbt is working, it will damage youre meter.

in

Reply to
crazy frog

If you're getting a picture the FBT is good.

I'd look at the caps and semiconductors before it in the power chain. and the X-ray safety circuitry.

Bye. Jasen

I have a Philips TV thats approx 24 years old :)

Reply to
Jasen Betts