1997 Phillips Magnavox

HI

This will seem like a real dumb question but... just purchased a 27" 1997 Phillips Magnavox on Ebay for a friend who doesn't have cable but has uses rabbit ears on her current TV. Much to our dismay, we didn't check to see if it was 'rabbit ear ready' and it is not. So...does anyone know of a way to get reception on a TV that only has a cable input without having cable or satelite?

Thanks

--
Kimbyj
Reply to

The set most certainly has a VHF/UHF tuner built in. If she already has the rabbit ears, then one of these would allow you to hook it up:

Modern set-up antennas may already have the coaxial connector. I don't know, I haven't used one in years...

Reply to
Jim

Modern TV sets are made to be used with cable services, or satellite recievers.

You can go to a Radio Shack and see if it is possible to have a ballen coil adabtor to go from the 75 ohm connector to the 300 ohm connections required for rabbit ears. You must also find out if the tuner in the set can recieve the local UHF and VHF stations. Most sets can cover both the cable bands, and the standard TV terrestrial bands.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

An almost 10 year old Philips Magnavox? Are you sure it ain't just broken?

Reply to
Erich Schultheis, the man that

Reply to
Mike Berger