Dishwasher

Asko D1796 Pump will not switch off. This problem is not listed in trouble shooting guide.

--
peasant
Reply to

It's possible the fix for your problem is beyond you.

I am not trying to be sarcastic but, if you come here looking for help and all you did was read the trouble shooting guide, we can assume something electrically is wrong.

On the electrical side, it could be a simple problem, like a welded shut contact in the relay that operates this pump. For this, you need to traced the pump wires back to see where they are connected. If you have more than 2 wires, minus a ground, going to this pump, it could have and integrated switch that only requires low voltage to turn it on.

And then again, it could be something a little more serious, like the control board, which could have a solid state device driving it.

I don't know if you have a water level switch in that unit but, it could have something stuck in it and the pump may think there is still water in it or, it could have a pressure switch and that is stuck on.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

n.

This is the reason that when I went shopping for a dish washer 16 years ago I settled on one from Sears with a mechanical timer. Oh they tried to sell me a fancy shmansy one with an electronic timer but I passed. The timer has never been a problem however I've replaced a couple of micro switches over the years, and I once had a problem with the water not shutting off and it was the float valve inside the unit encrusted with crud. It was very accessible from outside and a simple fix. It even came with a service manual (hidden inside). This machine, a Kenmore low end product has lasted about three times as long as one today would. Sadly today there are no more mechanical timers and there is no manufacturer who will give you a head start in repairing your product. Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper