ft232rq device not recognized problem

I am working with an ARM board , there is a USB serial section .I have used Ft232Rq .

Due 32Qfn pack i somehow soldered with a DIY hot air pencil.

I have run the VCP (virtual com port) driver setup in vista . While i plug in the board with USB cable , laptop says " USB device is not recognized ,either it has malfunctioned , try replugging.." I get a USB symbol immediately i plug in the chip . The usb symbol if i click shows "USB root hub" also "2ports"

I think it is sending the initial databytes to laptop to recognize.

is it the driver problem or some pins not soldered thats why wrong data the FTDI chip is sending

emBGeek

That can happen if one of the data pins are not connected.

--
RoRo
Reply to