FPGA not turning off

Hi,

I've connected my FPGA (Xilinx Spartan 2E) to the PCI bus of my PC. The FPGA is powered from a seperate power supply. The problem is, when I turn the power supply to the FPGA off, the FPGA seems to keep running. It must be getting its power from the PCI bus. Only the I/O pins of the FPGA are connected to the PCI bus, so I'm suprised that it keeps running. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Can it cause any damage and how can I stop it? I need to remove power from the FPGA to clear it (so it can be reprogrammed).

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mike

anyone

Reply to
Symon

Sounds to me like a good way to damage the FPGA, and the PCI host as well. There is a /PROG pin on the FPGA for this purpose.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams