RCA TV model 27V412T, ch M134C relocating Mute Icon

Hi,

I am a TV repairman. I own an RCA TV model 27V412T, chassis M134C.

I have Photofact 5234 SM for this TV chassis.

I would like, if possible, to relocate (or have it disappear) the mute icon on the screen when I press the mute button. Why? When I am looking at "On Demand" program/movie listings, the icon covers a part of the listing, but I don't want to hear the "barker" promos. Of course, I have been turning down the volume as an alternate.

There is nothing in the regular menu that allows you to modify the mute icon. I know how to access the service mode menu, but I have no clue about many of the abbreviations in the various service mode menus. No explanation in Photofact.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:16:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Brad) put finger to keyboard and composed:

I can't help, but I have the same problem with an LG CRT TV, model CT-29M30RX. I suspect that this (mis)behaviour may be hard coded into the uP's internal ROM. I've checked the service manual, but there is nothing that would suggest that the Mute icon can be relocated, or be made to disappear after a time delay.

BTW, "full Schematics and parts manual with trouble shooting guide" for your chassis are available here:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Try turning on closed captioning when muted (some sets have this.) This turns off the icon on some sets, turns on captioning but I doubt the "On Demand" listings have CC...

Reply to
PeterD