"Dead" Emerson (Funai) LCD TV model EWL20S5

Hi,

Regarding Emerson (Funai) LCD TV model EWL20S5 (mfg 03/06):

Symptom: TV won't turn on.

Now that I finally got the SM, I was able to perform tests.

The 5.5V source reads 1.8V. I replaced C635 470/10, which read around

340uf on tester, with a 470/16 105deg., but that didn't fix the problem. I tested many components and ruled out a heavy load on power supply (SMPS). Raw B+ is fine. There are other components I have to test, but to save time, has anyone serviced this model or a similar model with the same symptom?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Are the other voltages from the power supply normal per the schematic? Bet you will find a few more flakey caps in the unit before getting it operational again. Poor design with mediocre components. IMHO!

Reply to
Art

Hi,

The TV is repaired. Note: It took a long time getting the SM.

The following parts were replaced:

C635 470/10 measured at 340uf. I replaced with 470/16 105deg. D634 shorted, I replaced with NTE 519 D638 (parallel with D634), tested ok, but I replaced it with NTE519 D645 shorted, FR154 I replaced with NTE 580

Brad

Reply to
Brad