Toshiba TV model 27A62 Won't Turn On

Hi,

I have a Toshiba TV model 27A62 (mfg. 01/03) in my shop (no SM).

The customer said, she had trouble getting the TV to go on which became worse over time. Now, the TV won't go on, but you hear the relay click, and it will click again after a few seconds, and keep doing that until you unplug the power cord.

I measured the regulated B+ which was around 159V (too high). I turned down the B+ adjust pot., but that had no effect (same voltage). I performed tests including soldering joints that needed it. If you had a similar experience with this model, what was the cause?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad