CTC175A - Is this the tuner problem?

When first turned on, everything is OK.Several minutes later, picture is fuzzy/wormy. Eventually (like 2 hours later), picture clears up but audio has loud buzz. Eventually this clears up too.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
eric

A classic:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

LOL "Classic" but not in a good way?

Thanks

Reply to
eric

is

audio

Well in a sense it's good, because it's a well documented problem which makes it easy to diagnose and repair.

Reply to
James Sweet

Easy to repair with the proper skills and equipment.

Not recommended for the person who has only soldered a few times in thier life. For the novice who wants to attempt the repair, getting a hold of a junk circuit board for any device with surface mount components is good practice before starting. Reading the information at the repairfaq for the ctc177 chassis series will also help.

I cannot stress enough the proper temperature on the soldering iron for the job.

Reply to
dkuhajda