Mitsubishi Unisen TV LT-52151 takes long time to show picture

I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch flat screen. Things I've tried:

  1. I've unplugged the TV, replugged it in

  1. Used a different HDMI device and a different HDMI cable and proved it was the TV, not any of the HDMI devices connected.

  2. Verified the "fast boot" option is enabled. Tried turning this setting on. Still slow. Turned it back on, still slow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
Analogman2

Try small-scale directed hot-air over the caps in the ps while dormant.

Reply to
N_Cook

About the same as my thoughts. The capacitors in the power supply section may be going bad. Before too long it may not come on at all.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery