Samsung TX-R2435 Picture Problem

My TV has started playing with a wavy distortion. The distortion almost looks like a magnetic interference. It has this problem with everything unplugged. I have moved the set to different locations and different outlets, letting it sit for 5-10 minutes before using. When I turn down the contrast to about 20/100 and brightness to about

30/100 the distortion clears up. I have unplugged for 5-10 minutes and it has not helped. I have left unplugged over night and no help. Any ideas on what this problem might be? Thanks
Reply to
taofencing

You will have to take the set in for service. The fault would most likely be in the power supply or in the horizontal scan section.

Most of the time there are various electrolytic capacitors that can go defective in the mentioned areas that will cause this type of fault. These capacitors can be tested using an ESR meter.

There are serious safety issues when servicing TV sets. It is best for you to take the TV in for an estimate. From this, you can make an intelligent decision if the TV is worth to service it.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.